There are so many excellent restaurants in Lake Chelan, and we love highlighting our favorites. Fonda Oaxaqueña Lake Chelan is this week’s spotlight–but a fair warning: you might not want to read if you’re hungry!
About Fonda Oaxaqueña Lake Chelan
Fonda Oaxaqueña opened in 2013, and has been serving the Lake Chelan area ever since! The Olguin Sarabia family opened this restaurant with the goal to be different from the traditional Mexican restaurants in the area. Their focus is on homemade food that lets customers experience the food traditionally served in Oaxaca and other areas of Mexico. As Fonda Oaxaqueña’s popularity grows, their attention to detail does not change. Each dish is prepared with attention and care, and the service is also outstanding.
With a menu showcasing all of the best authentic, southern Mexican Oaxaca flavors, you’ll find plenty of dishes that will make you keep coming back! Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Camarones regionales
- Chicken taquitos
- Enchiladas Oaxaqueñas
- Filled with chicken and covered in traditional Mole Salsa. Served with lettuce, fresh cheese, cilantro, onions, radishes, rice, and beans
- Home made tortillas toped with refried beans, Mexican sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and queso fresco
- Two hand made tamales: pork wrapped in a banana leaf and chicken in a traditional corn husk served with cabbage salad and a side of salsa
- Taquitos dorados
- Crispy taquitos filled with chicken and topped with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sour cream. Served with rice and beans
- Mole de Clavo
- Beef cooked in a medium spicy mole sauce and served with rice and beans
- Shrimp marinated with lemon juice and spices with chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and jalapeños
- Giant crispy tostada topped with black beans, queso oaxaca, cabbage, casino, tesajo, chorizo, avocados, and tomatoes.
And, Fonda Oaxaqueña Lake Chelan has daily specials, so make sure to check those out as well.
Monday – Saturday: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
136 Eastmont Ave.
East Wenatchee, WA 98802
Are you going to visit Fonda Oaxaqueña Lake Chelan?
Let us know what you think of it! You can follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more about Lake Chelan, and check out all of our other restaurant spotlights on our blog here.